Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

Calradic Community Survey Results Post

Greetings Lords and Ladies


Thank you to everyone who participated in the last survey! We like (need to) read the room every once in a while to see what we are missing - the CC has been steadily growing since its inception and we are now maxing out our server capacity regularly. We have had many internal discussions about how to direct and manage the CC so we want to open some issues to the floor. This post will contain some of the responses and some associated commentary. Some questions were redacted, either because they aren't relevant anymore (stop trying to make the Steam group happen, Meph, its not going to happen) or to consider the privacy of people's opinions. Without further ado, here are the results. < Calradic Campaign Starter Guide >

<Discord link>


1 Number of responses

205 individual responses, up by 20 from the last survey. Curiously, the demographic survey got 1080 responses. Not sure what to make of that.

2 Do you know what the Calradic Campaign is?

Yes - 87.3%

I’ve heard about it but don’t know what it is – 6.8%

Never heard of it – 5.9%

Seems we have made an improvement on this point since last time

3 Have you every participated in the Calradic Campaign?

Yes – 64.4%

No – 35.6%

4 How often do you participate in CC events?

I go to every CC event I can – 35.8%

I participate when I happen to see an announcement for it – 13.9%

I go whenever I feel I want to, though that isn’t every time – 20.4%

I don’t go to CC events – 29.9%

5 Did you participate in the last Calradic Campaign Event?

Yes – 33.7%

No – 66.3%

A KHERIGT HORDE NED

ON AN OPEN FIELD

6 For what reason would you not participate in a CC event?

I am not interested – 10.4%

I cannot find the time – 86.8%

I do not like the format of the events – 2.2%

I do not like how the events are run – 3.3%

I don’t play Native Warband – 0.5%

I don’t play Multiplayer – 10.4%

This one was pretty predictable - there are always suggestions for us to change the time and we understand this is the most common constraint but its hard to determine the optimal time to maximize the number of people that can participate. Its also not the best idea to change the time and day frequently to prevent confusion and add predictability.

7 Do you know about our new mid-month events?

Yes – 51.2%

I have heard about them but don’t know what they are about – 20%

No – 28.8%

Because of the demand for more community events we now have events that take place in the middle of the month - we use them to show-case multiplayer mods and they are typically smaller and more casual, but really fun through its variety and by having no stakes.

8 Would you prefer to replace mid-month mod showcases with additional regular CC events?

Yes – 31.5%

No – 68.5%

We probably wouldn't have even if you wanted it

9 What mods would you like to see done in Mid-month events?

Full Invasion 2 – 43.4%

Napoleonic Wars – 42.4%

Viking Conquest/Iron Europe – 26.3%

The Deluge – 22%

Blood and Iron/March of Rome pt.2 – 18%

The War of 1812 pt.2 – 17.1%

Sword of Damocles – 12.2%

Bello Civili – 11.2%

Vikingr – 10.7%

This is roughly what we saw last time, and will keep it in mind when planning future mid-months.

10 Do you know about our Discord Server?

Yes – 83.9%

No – 16.1%

If you feel you are missing some understanding of how to participate, joining the discord is your best bet (link in the sidebar)

11 If you do know about it but you do not use it, why?

I don’t use discord – 43.3%

I didn’t know about it – 17.3%

I have no use for this discord – 28.4%

I do not like the people on the discord – 13.6%

I do not like how the discord is run – 7.4%

I am the 21%

Comments on the running of the discord

The three questions open to response here followed vaguely along the same lines - "Meh yeah its okay", with the occasional call for the overthrow of the government

12 Do you know about our Patreon we use to fund the CC?

Yes – 60.5%

No – 39.5%

13 For What reasons would you not contribute?

I am not financially able to – 68.3%

I don’t participate in the CC – 21.5%

I otherwise simply do not wish to – 12.2%

I am unsure as to how the funds are used – 11.2%

I think there should be better incentives for donating – 8.3%

But I DO - 7.8%

I do not think the events worth funding - 4.4%

This is roughly we expected except for 4 people lying (We can tell how many people donate)

We should also mention what we do with the money - Most of it goes directly to paying for the server upkeep every month. The server is indeed up 24/7 except when we are doing technical work. The rest goes to saving, for when we have enough money to rent a better server, or if our provider raises their prices or goes under. If you feel that things get pretty laggy at 200 people, thats because the server isn't really capable of handling it well at that point (granted, the game itself doesn't handle it well either). To that end, a better, but more expensive, server would help a great deal. Alternatively, if we could somehow manage to get double the necessary monthly donations for a server, we could open a second European server. We keep all the receipts and keep an eye on eachother to make sure every cent is accounted for. We can make these available to anyone concerned.

14 Do you know how the Calradic Campaign is organized?

This is a trick question, nobody does

15 Do you seek to involve yourself with the Calradic Campaign’s lore, function or organization?

Yes I would like to do that – 61.5%

No I would not like to do that – 38.5%

16 If so, is there anything preventing you?

I don’t have the time to do so yet – 36.7%

I don’t know how – 28.8%

I don’t see an opportunity – 15.1%

As to the last two options - We are both always willing to hear out your ideas and if you want to get a better feel for how you might go about it, joining the discord, joining up with a faction and talking to the Council members and Faction Leaders may give you some clarity.

17 How would you like to see yourself become more involved in the CC?

I have no idea – 34%

I want to lead a contingent of men into battle – 30.1%

I want to advise and assist a faction leader in a campaign – 28.1%

I don’t want to be further involved – 20.9%

I want to help organize events – 19.6%

I want to be a Marshal and lead men in war – 18.3%

I have my own ideas – 14.4%

I want to become faction leader 13.1%

I want to help make maps for the event – 11.1%

I want to help with the server code and add-ons – 2%

In any case, if you want to help out, you'd do well to join the discord

If you want to involve yourself with the battles themselves, talk to the faction leader (Go to the discord and enter @mods or @admins or @Calradic Council and ask them who the faction leaders are if you do not know them, or message the subreddit mods). Half the battle is showing enthusiasm and experience with the game. Because we don't force anyone to obey orders there is no guarantee that you will have anyone to lead, but we always appreciate and value people willing to follow, which is the best way to earn the trust and respect of the Faction. Some faction leaders are willing to "grant fiefs" to loyal players to confer prestige to them as a sort of defacto hierarchy.

If you want to make maps or server code, do the same as above but enter @Suspicious Man or @RubbingMyAxe

18 Do you think faction leaders should be given more power to formally organize their faction for CC events?

Yes – 57.1%

No – 8.7%

I don’t know – 22.4%

I don’t care – 11.7%

19 Would you know how to contact any of the people responsible for the organization of the CC?

No – 51.8%

Yes – 48.2%

Message the subreddit mods or discord mods if you are unsure

20 Should the events be casual or more organized?

Stay Casual – 58.3%

Become more organized – 41.7%

Become less organized – 0%

21 Should organized groups, such as the Azgad Militia or Regiment of Renown, be allowed to participate in the events alongside casual players?

Yes – 61.9%

No – 5.7%

I don’t care – 32.5%

We don't mind them

22 Should the CC incorporate formal organized groups into its function?

Yes – 44.2%

I don’t care – 29.8%

No – 16%

We probably aren't importing any groups but formalized subgroups have been discussed, but to no definite end

23 Should faction leaders be individual personalities or maintain the in-game character no matter who is representing them?

Faction Leaders should be individual personalities – 50%

Faction leaders should still be represented by lore-friendly characters – 37.9%

Faction Leaders should always keep the name of their in-game character – 11.6%

Yes – 0.5%

They will stay individual personalities, perhaps for the better given turnovers rate.

24 Should we continue to have individuals lead factions when the CC comes to Bannerlord?

Yes – 95.3%

No – 4.7%

By the way, we probably won't have full blown events as soon as Bannerlord drops, we'll need to get used to the game, sort out some questions, and get a handle on making maps and renting new servers.

25 How did you feel the last “Conquest” game mode event we did went?

1 – 2.6%

2 – 3.4%

3 – 37.1%

4 – 29.3%

5 – 27.6%

I forgot to download the admin tools which caused a bit of a clusterfuck but since then we've created a custom dueling map, refined our server tools and took notes on what went wrong on that event, such as spawn balancing issues and a broken flag

26 Which game modes should the CC incorporate?

The Current Format is Fine – 67.1%

Conquest – 41.6%

Invasion – 30.1%

Capture the Flag – 28.9%

Team Deathmatch – 18.5%

Deathmatch – 6.9%

We definitely aren't including Invasion. We current have no plans on using any other game mode in the foreseeable future but its not out of the question.

27 Who is best mod?

Auto-mod – 39.5%

Inactive Taleworlds account – 31.7%

Zippollini – 11.7%

Mephistopheles – 6.3%

The Ghost of TrotsTwats past – 5.4%

Avagantamos – 3.9%

Brandis – 1.5%

HAIL OUR ROBOT OVERLORDS


Please leave any outstanding questions, comments or concerns in the comments below. We will let you know when any substantive changes to the Sub, Calradic Campaign or Discord occur.

Calradic Campaign Starter Guide

Discord link

Thanks everyone!



Submitted September 27, 2017 at 07:51PM by Mephistopholees http://ift.tt/2wl0O7v

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX