Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

University Visit Update: Still No Release Date :(

Heya folks,

I'm the guy who posted about a Taleworlds dev visiting his uni. Well guess what? Not one, but TWO devs visited yesterday. Gökçen Karaağaç, a level developer, apparently was in Istanbul and also attended. There were about 40-50 people attending, I'd guess. I took some photos, but my phone's camera is pretty bad (or I just suck at taking photos), so the text of the slides isn't very clear. The lads who organized the event also put a photo on their Instagram account. They actually took more photos. One may even include ME with the devs, so be on the lookout! Apparently they'll upload it to a Google Drive, so I'll update this topic when they share it. Gökçen is the one on the left, while Burak is on the right in the photos.

As for the content, there isn't much new as far as I can tell. This was organized by the Computer Engineering Club, so the beginning of the talk was more technical. Burak talked about AI and AI techniques in general in the first half. They talked about Mount & Blade and its development in the second half, which is when I started taking photos (the text is blurry, but you can at least read the titles from the slides). Apparently the battle AI is programmed at 3 levels: individual agents (basically every soldier in battle), formation (what the army as a whole must do to accomplish its tactics) and tactic (a meta-strategy to win the battle). Burak said especially the third level was lacking in Warband, and that's what they've been working on for Bannerlord. He also emphasized the modding aspect and that's what basically kept Mount and Blade alive (also that it was pretty amusing to see some of the stuff), so making as much as possible moddable was a priority. Finally, Gökçen talked about designing castles and siege levels and what priorities they had (making it appear large, but also small enough to be traversable, making sure AI doesn't get stuck, etc). Hopefully when I get the photos the slides will look clearer, sorry about that :( They also had some photos and a few gifs on the slides, but as far as I can tell, that was from already released blog content (and Warband, for pages introducing the Mount & Blade series in general). So, no new info I guess, unless there's a photo that's actually new that I overlooked.

When they received questions, literally the first one was "Bannerlord when". They said they were working on it, and they followed comments about it with some guilt ("vicdan azabı") but they weren't allowed to give any info about it. I had the opportunity to have a quick chat with them after the presentation. Apparently, they weren't allowed to give any info about it even when faced with an implied threat of physical violence and kidnapping. They had actually read my thread (hi! ^.^) and asked me when I'd kidnap them, there or when they leave the building. Maybe the "bring 2 attractive female friends and get them drunk" could've worked, but alas, logistical difficulties... Finally, I asked about events and they said they'll be attending Gamescom, but not E3 this year.

Sooo that's it I guess?



Submitted May 06, 2018 at 06:32PM by gvm40 https://ift.tt/2FOiCMu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX