Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

After years playing Mount & Blade series, only now I realise its depth.

I found out about the Mount & Blade series when looking for a game that would run on my low-spec computer, that must've been around early 2014 or 2015.

I was fascinated by it as soon as I got playing, large scale battles and a fine tuned gameplay, politics.... Trades... It had everything, as an RPG and Tibia player I was never attracted to graphics, to me they must only complement a well told story with decent mechanics, much like a book that has no imagery, so Mount & Blade suited me like a well-fit glove.

Soon enough, as a modding enthusiast I was downloading every mod avaiable that I could find, eagerly testing them out one by one, seeing all the diferent new mechanics introduced by the community, and making some of my own, it certainly was a good time.

As time passed I begun to feel bored with it, as I usually do with other things, but I always felt that there were more to it than I could imagine, but eventually I dropped it and later uninstalled it.

Come last year it was released on the PS4, I was eager to play it again, since I'm a console gamer there would be no better way of experiencing it, eventually I bought it and played for a little while, but after a little while I thought to myself: "How can I play this without mods and cheats? (there's no cheat menu on the PS4)", and soon after I had dropped the game again.

I enjoy the medieval times, knightly values... Courtship... as such I always fantasise about the era on my mind. About a month ago I was craving for something more realistic, it was then that I remembered Mount & Blade, so I got it on my PS4 again and started playing.

I played and played for many hours and I was hooked and fascinated once again, I've even broke my record on PC of passed days.

Upon thinking about why I got hooked once more, I've came to the conclusion: Mods and cheats completly ruined my experience, and they spoiled the way I should have played. I see them the same way I see drugs, the more you use it, the more you crave it, eventually you'll only want and seek for them, that is exactly what drove me off this amazing game made by Tale Words, and now I see the depth and value it truly has, for this time I did not cheat nor modded my way through it.

If you're feeling much like I felt about the game, my suggestion is that you drop mods alltogether and stick with vanilla cheatless, see what it has to offer for yourself.

Let this also be a warning for newcomers to the series.

Anyways, I hope this helps to ignite once again the flames of passion for this game much of you may have lost through time, and I suggest you to look forward to Bannerlord, no matter how long it takes, for it is being developed by a truly capable company that does it with passion, and for that they will always have my respect and comprehension.

TL;DR: there will be none, as this message cannot be fully delivered with few meager words, if you truly like this game or is a newcomer to the series, I feel that you should at least consider reading the wall of text above.

Cheers!



Submitted October 21, 2018 at 05:19PM by Glori4n https://ift.tt/2CukdZL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX