Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

My computer crashed, corrupting my only save file (33 hours), and that's not okay

I consider this a problem with the game. I bought it on the recent sale and had many days off to finally pour into it after hearing about it for years. I tried not to read up too much about the game to protect role-playing from meta/optimal strategizing. This lead to fun/stupid decisions like not starting as a noble, losing money on tournaments, dismissing weapon skills, not knowing Sarranids = horses, assuming archers for no reason. I had a lot of fun, but I watched a video that told me about accompanying, reminded me about zooming, and told me to get enterprises on the go.

Save file got corrupted after a computer crash. First problem was fine, my face got reduced to the lowest settings and turned white, which was weird/funny but not a crisis, since you can just change your appearance whenever you want.

But then I learned all my businesses were making exactly 0 denars. Went to check up on them, and they said all the goods in the game were "INVALID ITEMS" in a way that screamed "glitch".

So I did all the standard stuff: went to the other businesses/checked the problem in game. Closed them, opened new ones, same problem. Then I looked it up online. Turns out that's it, the save is bricked.

The game should have been stress tested. How can the save file get corrupted when the computer crashes? I wasn't even performing a save operation, how does the game know that the character I was playing was the one for that save? Does this mean ALL my saves would have gotten corrupted if I'd had more? If that's possible, do I need a new computer for this game, one that will NEVER EVER CRASH instead of like once/twice a week. Because if the computer crashes while running the game, all the save files get corrupted? That's just too much broken for me, even a (single player) Bethesda game wouldn't break all your saves on device crash this far after launch.

Does anyone have any answers? I'd like to continue but the magic has been totally undercut here, I'm tempted to leave a bad review of the game and go back to Crusader Kings, but this game was so much more engaging and the RP is like the total inverse (the games actually complement each other really well, I was having a great fucking week playing CK: Holy Fury as a crusading Spainard and getting into this game as a Sarranid mercenary, but now I'm just sad.)



Submitted December 01, 2018 at 01:00AM by WarLordM123 https://ift.tt/2BJ6bmj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX