Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

Beat the game finally (Warband - vanilla)

Finally sealed up my first win. About 200 hours into the game. Man what a grind. I was hoping to finish my game Friday or Saturday, but those guys just take forever to grind down. Near the end, I got so sick of it, I wasn't even bothering to add troops to the garrisons usually, just immediately move on to the next target.

Take-aways for me:
1) Harlaus really is an asshole. My first start, I signed up with him because I heard Swadia was powerful. Dude gives every fief to himself!
2) Swadian knights are indeed the shizzle. Huscarls are great, but honestly for my money I'll just take the knights. They are devastating on the world map, and work fine in sieges for my money.
3) Rhodok crossbowmen are fearsome. Prepare your anus if you're going against them.
4) Surgery and training are far and away the best skills in the game. Surgery makes combat losses totally palatable, and training makes leveling new troops a breeze. I wound up having most of my party go for training 10 or as close as they could get. Engineering 10 is key for sieges also.
5) Turning your companions into lords is basically not necessary. Just get honor and hire all the good 100 relation guys. I wouldn't even bother leveling a 2nd set of companions.
6) Don't bother with non-max relation lords. It's not worth it. Once you have 4 or 5 lords, you can't even give someone a fief without them all having a temper tantrum. Not worth.
7) Tax loss efficiency is pretty messed up. Near the end of the game, my monthly income (after paying salaries) was under 10k, and my monthly "tax loss" was almost 100k. Crazy.

Things I learned along the way:
1) Mouse wheel up switches weapons, mouse wheel down switches shields.
2) Swinging your sword at their heads does a lot more damage. Makes sense, but I spent most of the game just swinging at their body, because dumb.
3) When firing your bow/crossbow, you can zoom in with shift.
4) When building your kingdom, focus on cities first. While a vassal, you can only claim the castle/city, the villages are awarded to someone else, so you can't control your income very well (since the quality of the village determines the taxes the castle collects). Cities get a lot of tariff money, and will boost you up way faster than castles (or villages).
5) Build up your rep with villages to get a lot more recruits when you come visiting.
6) When on campaign as a vassal, refuse all missions involving cattle unless you want to hate your life.
7) I'd generally avoid most quests, except for destroy bandit hideouts. The ones to hunt down enemies are usually an exercise in extreme frustration.

All in all a lot of fun, but the early-mid game is really where it's at. Once your character is level 25-30, the process of trying to take over the world is extremely grindy. I'll probably play more, but I don't plan to try to beat the game again, it was kind of more work than fun at the end...



Submitted September 26, 2018 at 01:49AM by AndyofBorg https://ift.tt/2xGThCI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX