Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

I understand now why this is the greatest game ever made

I truly understand now the depth of this amazing game. My eyes are finally open. I feel revigorated, with a library full of games, that represented nothing to me, now I come home to play Warband until sunrise every single day. I give it no rest. I give myself no rest over it. I'm addicted. Obsessed. And I'm not even autistic.

In every playthrough of Warband, I always ended up cheating for the sake of conveniency. I never felt it was too hard but the option was always on, never gave much thought. It was fairly easy to just spam the fuck out of CTRL-X whenever I needed some money or I wanted to have swadian knights instantly.

"Oh shit, Harlaus is calling me to his crib", so I just teleported instantly to Praven for another feast of debauchery and pleasure in that city of sin.

I did the same thing with battles. Whenever my body laid on the ground, motionless and unconscious or my troops where getting slaughtered, with one command I would knock out everyone and rejoice upon their unconscious bodies, plus gaining exp in the process.

But it always felt wrong. I felt unworthy and the longest game I've had was 56 days.

Still, I clearly saw the potential Warband had. I was happy. But empty.

So I decided.

Disable cheat? Yes

So my adventure began, first as a serial victim of common banditry, now a powerful vassal of Harlaus.

So many things are happening that I've never seen. The game just keeps on giving and giving and giving.

I'm discovering the economy system.

I'm discovering about horses and their utility for carrying things in the inventory.

I'm discovering why the fuck the lords give +2 +3 at most in the beginning and the downsides of having them on your badside.

The things you have to consider with a large army and the costs that they imply.

Every night, a training session. It feels good to have a swadian knight by my side in battle. Fruit of my effort.

Every time I encounter a "its almost harvesting season" or "I'm gonna break yer legs, noice and slaw", I truly understand them.

I am now 432 days in and counting. I just lost 80 elite units and spent 3 weeks in prison.

It never felt more satisfying to lose, for fucks sake. But also, to win.

Even Jeremus, a battle seasoned warrior in my game, falling in combat brings a warm smile to my face. Because I know he did his damndest. He couldn't cheat his own death.

Warband is amazing. And I am fucking loving it.



Submitted December 13, 2018 at 08:01AM by Hunncas https://ift.tt/2EgvvBM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX