Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

Preferred war strategy in Warband?

Both in native and Pendor I tend to go for a sort of Blitzkrieg strategy. As soon as war is declared I marshal my vassals and immediately siege the nearest city (only exception is if there are no close by easy-to-take cities but a very close and poorly garrisoned castle). Siege, autocalc the battle if my numbers are absolutely overwhelming (like triple or more) or play manually if they're not, choose to defer naming of a lord (so the fief gets automatically garrisoned, with about 30 troops in native or 80 in Pendor). Then rush the next nearest fief and do the same. I skip anything that requires a siege tower, and always have a fodder companion that maxes engineering.

The logic behind this strategy is that even though it weakens your marshalled force, the fact that the opposing lords are rapidly losing their fiefs will piss them off very quickly, and due to their unhappiness a lot of discontent will be sowed, and the enemy vassals will choose to meander off on their own and raid villages rather than answer the marshall's summons. Therefore, not only does my enemy lose a whole lot of territory, their marshalled force is often weakened even more than mine. Also, even if their force is stronger than mine in the field, I can often force a peace agreement through sheerly just bullrushing fiefs, and having the opposing monarch sue for peace because he's worried about being annihilated, even if my army is in fact on its last legs.

I've found it to be pretty high-risk-high-reward compared to the AI strategy of taking forever to marshall literally everyone before moving, then taking one fortress and usually sitting on their laurels while it's allocated rather than pressing the advantage. The only time I've seen the AI move even a little quickly is when they're against an enemy who's extremely weakened by fighting on multiple fronts. I will often move off with only a few vassals and take the first couple of fiefs while new vassals periodically join me.

My strat may well suck/be extremely basic. I've been playing this game a while but not multiplayer or anything and so open to any advice on how to improve, and what more experienced players do in terms of macro war strategy.



Submitted May 22, 2019 at 11:57AM by operationmeepo http://bit.ly/2QgKorD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX