Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

(Shower Thoughts) What term would best describe M&B's third-person movement/camera style? And why don't more games use it?

So I've been thinking a lot about how much I like M&B's camera and general movement scheme and how I don't see it used in a lot of games. In the typical 3rd person game, like the Witcher, Dark Souls or Assassin's Creed, your character always turns to face the direction of movement. Press A and you turn and run to the left. Press S and you turn and run toward the camera. In M&B (plus Skyrim and Fallout) the controls are sort of like a hybrid of 1st/3rd person, where you always face forward but can strafe and backstep. You move like you do in a 1st person game, but the camera's pulled back to look over your shoulder.

Personally, I think the M&B's hybrid style is far superior for melee style games because it lets you maneuver around enemies while keeping them in front of you. I can't stand how in the Witcher or Dark Souls, if I want to back up to make a little space between me and my enemy, it makes me turn my back to him and run toward the camera, and then I need to turn back around to reorient myself. It just looks and feels stupid to me. But I also much prefer 3rd person over 1st person for melee games because I feel like it gives me a lot more situational awareness than a pure 1st person view, which feels a bit claustrophobic.

The thing is, whenever I search for 3rd-person melee games, theyre almost always in the style of Dark Souls and Witcher, with the camera pulled back to show the full body and turning in the direction of movement. There's usually also some kind of dodge-rolling involved as well.

So, for one thing, I think there should be a lot more melee games that use M&B and Skyrim's camera style because its just great. And secondly, I think there should be a term for that camera style to distinguish it from the typical 3rd person dodge-roll style game.



Submitted December 18, 2017 at 04:24PM by LordIrontoe http://ift.tt/2oGxrx5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX