Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

I wrote an RP style steam review for Bannerlord, I thought you guys might appreciate it.

“But sister, please, I wish to join you in your travels!”

“No, Alya, you must stay here in Qasira and take care of your brother. Lord Unqid is a rich but generous ruler. As long as I continue to serve him as a mercenary, the denars will continue to flow, and his men will continue to protect you. The walls of Qasira are thick and powerful, and his empire is vast; none of his enemies will ever harm either of you here.”

“But sister, I am of age, and Fathid is nearly a man himself. I wish to join your ranks, I wish to fight!”

“SILENCE!” I retorted. My blood boiled from the stress of battle and leadership. Alya stood there, unwavering. After taking a moment to calm, I explained, “should anything happen to either of you… I lost you once already. I’m not going to let that happen again.”

--

That night, I dreamt.

I dreamt of my first lifetime in this realm. I was foolish, inexperienced, and naive. Lord Derthert was a force to be reckoned with, so I naturally fell into his ranks… whether it was a move of intelligence or fear, I may never know. Regardless, I proved myself to him as a fierce warrior and noble leader, a master of bow and sword, and soon wed his only son.

I dreamt of my second lifetime in this realm. Filled with the rage of losing my family, my bloodlust was unrelenting. Although I began my journey with no more than a few men to my name, it wasn’t long before my name was to be feared. Men and women cowered in terror as I rode into their town on the back of my battleworn steed, having heard stories of my hot temper and desire for blood. Every Lord and Lady that dared cross paths and battle me would be executed. In a particularly bloody battle, one of them even managed to scar my eye, permanently harming my vision; naturally, one of my handcrafted javelins soon found itself embedded in the back of his skull. I laughed as I watched the heads of his sergeants roll across to ground before me.

I dreamt of my third lifetime in this realm. Tall, beautiful, and proud, I wielded my broadsword and crossbow with great finesse. The great lady Rhagaea quickly influenced me with her beauty and charm, as well as her strength and leadership. I aspired to be like her, so I joined her ranks. I wished to see the empire flourish under her control. All of Calradia slowly began to display the beautiful blue hue of her ladyship’s flag.

I dreamt of my current lifetime in this realm. Fathid and Alya were taken away from me, but it wasn’t long before our eldest brother, Najun, tracked them down. I dreamt of my first battles, saving villagers from marauding bandits and looters, riding across the realm helping those in need. I dreamt of the beautiful snowy mountains of the Strugian empire, the beautiful beaches of the Western Empire, and the hot sands that I called home around me.

I woke early that morning, the sun had not yet risen. As I sat in bed, I reminded myself of my ultimate goal: to unite all of Calradia and bring peace to this realm. Although my relationships with the lords and the land fluctuated, I feared that none of them would be able to achieve this task. Even lord Unqid, in all his generosity and power, cared ultimately about his wealth. The answer was clear: Calradia must be united under my rule. In order to achieve this, however, I would need to begin my own kingdom. “A kingdom needs various clans and heroes,” I reminded myself. I would not be able to unite Calradia alone. I needed the help of those I could trust. I needed the help of my family.

As I walked to the stables to retrieve my steed, I heard someone inside the nearby blacksmith. Alya was sharpening a flimsy broadsword and had a small pack of supplies on her back. I picked up a javelin from the pile I had crafted the day before. “Here,” I said. Alarmed, she jumped back and instantly pointed her sword in my direction. Her heart was pounding and her breaths cycled quickly. “If you’re going to be a sergeant in my ranks, you’ll need a real weapon.” Alya’s breath slowed down as she realized it was her elder sister there with her. “But… I don’t even know how to throw one of these things.” She gripped the javelin awkwardly and fumbled with the imbalanced weight. “My best companion will teach you the basics. The experience of battle will teach you the rest. Now,” I said as we made our way out of the smithy and into the stables, “let’s get your horse saddled up.” Alya giggled as we approached her young steed, waiting for me to notice that she had already saddled and prepared it. I gave her a stern look. “As I said,” she responded pompously, “I am of age now. I planned to join your ranks whether you liked it or not.”

The Southern Empire would be our first target. A long-time enemy of lord Unqid, lady Rhagaea had amassed one of the most powerful military forces in the realm. Although lord Unqid was saddened to hear that I no longer wished to serve him as a mercenary, he understood my need to leave his empire. My reputation with him and his people would remain positive, and we would still consider each other friends and allies. After all, the Empire must fall in order to bring peace to the realm; as the Aserai are not members of the Empire, and lord Unqid ultimately cared most about his wealth, this would not pose an issue.

I took one of her castles by brute force. For days we laid siege and fought off countless enemy armies, until we had finally destroyed the castle’s walls and claimed it as our own. It wasn’t long before the great city of Husn Fulq also found itself proudly displaying my banner. Najun governed our new home, while Alya continued to fight by my side as a valued warrior, tactician, and engineer. Our youngest sibling, Fathid, somehow managed to amass a small force of his own and began spreading our colors across Calradia as soon as he became of age. I didn’t even get to see him off. Apparently, a strong desire for adventure runs in our family.

Lords and Ladies began to know my name. My reputation grew, both positively and negatively. Although the forces of the Empire feared me, they also respected me as a valiant warrior who would free worthy foes rather than executing them.

My empire continues to grow: it now consists of three clans, two large towns, and various castles. My goal is closer than ever as my ideals and philosophies spread across the land.

Soon, all of Calradia will be mine.

If you want to check out the steam version, here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967195428/recommended/261550/

submitted by /u/Tayabida
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX