Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

Golden Throne Guide as requested

Ok. I have just obtained this achievement and decided I would write an in depth guide. The one solution already here I feel isn’t deep enough, I certainly could have done with more information prior to my attempt. In general information on obtaining this is fairly scant.

I did this on my first attempt becoming a vassal of the birds initially. Ok here goes;

EARLY GAME This is a grind. No way round it. First decision to make is what you want the make up of your army to be. I chose exclusively Nord for the first half of my game, and concentrated on getting as many huscarls as possible. My reasoning for this being they are by far the strongest infantry unit in the game. If used correctly, they can batter an approaching line of enemies with brutal missiles before cutting through a horde like butter with the right control. Anyway I digress. Choose your army style.

Then concentrate on recruiting volunteers from villages whilst levelling up yourself and your character. It’s worth visiting village centres and speaking to the elders to see if you can help them with tasks as if you can build a relationship with them they will give you higher numbers of recruits and often better quality ones. In between doing this, slowly build relations with your chosen factions lords by doing tasks.

Also essential early game is the fighting arena in any town. Here you can join a last man standing contest and level up your fighting skills rapidly for pretty much free and make small amount of money if you do well. When your character starts to get stronger, join tournaments, bet on yourself on every round of your confident and you can make 2600 denars each time, and level up your skills some more.

Skills to focus on as you level: I would concentrate on having at least 9 strength and agility initially then split your attributes between intelligence and charisma. Every point into intelligence give you an extra skill point to spend which is crucial early game.

Put points into leadership to increase your party size limit, iron flesh and power strike to make your character tough enough to make a difference in battle. All other skills are pretty much none essential but if you want my advice, trainer is useful for levelling recruits, path finding for your party travel speed.

Once you have repeated the above processes for a significant amount of time and levelled sufficiently, it’s time to become a vassal. This will allow you to take part in battles with allies and build your renown. Renown grants you fame but more importantly it increases your party limit. Concentrate on getting your party limit to 100 with a high ratio of elite troops. When you capture enemy lords always release them initially to gain honour. Right to rule is another key factor in how other factions perceive you. It will raise very slowly initially until you start to amass vast amounts of renown.

START YOUR OWN KINGDOM Once you have an army of around 100 of which most are elite troops, then you are ready to take your first castle. I would advise waiting for an opportunity to arise. Wait until a faction becomes weakened. In my game it was the Swadians who started to lose territory as a result of warring with the Nords for which I was a vassal. Choose your time to strike, then renounce your allegiance to your king, hopefully if you have a high relationship with him you will still hold a decent-ish relationship. Attack the weakened faction. If they are at war with your previous vassals then this will gain you a common interest and they are less likely to declare war on you.

I have made a guide about sieges, how to minimalise your losses whilst maximising your kills. Look up my channel Krushner20 on YouTube if your interested

Once you have taken your first castle, generate a court with a follower, then send an emissary to your previous vassal, seeking favour. They will approve due to your common enemy.

You need no more than 3 lords initially and I would wait until you have at least 1 fief to give them each or they will get unhappy quickly. Put all efforts into taking as many castles from the weakened faction as possible. When the lords come to your court, recruit the best ones. Award each a fief, they will start to build armies and this gives you resilience if another factions declares war against you. If you get a peace offer from a faction ACCEPT IT. It greatly increases your right to rule which is what prevents everyone declaring war on you.

DEFENDING AGAINST A WAR DECLARATION First off its worth noting that if you have saves prior to the war declaration then if you reload it there is a fair chance the declaration won’t happen or it could be delayed giving you some extra time to prepare.

If not and your starting to panic, be confident that with your army of 100 elite troops that you can smash most armies if you use strategy and skill. The best tactic is to wait for them to siege a town or castle. As they assault it, move in and join the battle and stand on the battlements supporting your troops. If you have the right troops their losses will be horrendous and yours shouldn’t be too bad. If you get caught in the field, use strategy to your advantage. I have made a few videos on my channel demonstrating how to control your troops effectively in battle and this is the key to victory with not many losses. In brief, if you have Nord huscarls, hold your position preferably on a hill, close formation and wait for the enemy to smash themselves against your ranks. Please check out my channel for more info as it’s quite hard to explain and easier to demonstrate. I have beaten armies 3 times my size quite easily using efficient strategy.

Replenish your losses with new recruits and always try to keep your army towards 100. Look for lords and castles with loads of prisoners as you can recruit them directly if need be once you defeat them. Don’t forget to award yourself some towns and castles to generate income this is important as your army grows.

MID TO LATE GAME By now you should have a number a fiefs and should look at wiping out the weakened faction. Then, bide your time and preferably wait for another faction to have war declared upon them before you do so to. You can declare war any time through your advisor by sending an emissary. Then it is just a case of systematically taking over the map. I had a few sticky moments where two factions declared war against me but with my ability to control battles and influence outcomes I came out on top and you can do if you play smart. The AI fortunately is often pretty stupid.

A NOTE ON GLITCHES There is a common glitch where a faction will not end even though you have taken all its holdings. If this happens do not worry. It happened to me too. You just have to track down the remaining lords and capture them. Once you have them all, the faction will end. Most should defect anyway after the last fief is gone.

I hope this guide is of use. Please provide feedback and I will add to it if need be or answer any additional questions.

submitted by /u/Realist234567
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX