Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

Tips for the last battle of VC (*spoilers*)

I just completed the Viking Conquest storyline, and I had had some trouble with the final battery, so I figured I would give some help to anyone else that struggled to complete it, or struggled to have fun while completing the final battle.

I fought on the side of the English, so our infantry left much to be desired, and our bowmen were inferior as well. As such, the English would fight for a bit, get driven back, and start hemorrhaging troops at an alarming rate.

Initially, I brought 250 troops a solid mix of 120 of my best infantry, 90 archers (25 or so Norse Master, 10 Finns [it had been more, but they got savaged in some of the battles on the sea], and the remainder were saxons and angle scyttia), and 40 cavalry.

The main problem was moving my troops along side the allies, and trying to make sure that they weren't caught out of position when the allied troops got wiped.

I found this to be fruitless after a few attempts. BUT, I did realized that the cavalry was extremely useful in removing the Norse archery advantage.

So, I found that ths winning strategy that was actually fun was to go to Ireland, recruit as many Irish peasants as I could fit on my boats, drop them off at my castle, then off to Scotland to get picts, then finally to Fresia to round out my numbers. Train them all into cavalry, and ride into combat against the Danes.

Wait for the infantry and archers to separate, then crush the archers with your cavalry, cycle back around, charge the rear corners of the enemy formation when their infantry square and my ally's are locked in combat, and then retreat immediately.

When the Danes start pulling out to regroup with reinforcements, charge in again and pull through.

For the initial charge, make sure that you use the wedge formation, and set them to follow, not charge. Then you pull through on the charge so that your cavalry don't get hung up. These are not swadian knights, they only charge and run down enemies, they cannot survive in prolonged combat, especially against spears.

Cav is the thing that the English are lacking in the battle, and the type of unit that you can use to get into the best position without needing the ally's support. And it offers the most powerful advantage while having fewer numbers of soldiers to control.

TL:DR use cav in the final fight for VC, and ONLY cav. Then cycle-charge their archers and their infantry from the rear.



Submitted May 29, 2022 at 02:03AM by Volcarion https://ift.tt/9xNTq0i

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX