Skip to main content

I am the army, skyler!!!!

https://preview.redd.it/o0bygi3c051d1.png?width=1299&format=png&auto=webp&s=f86c1a5f0faee68b7b957aae561b261c134b9ab9 350 vs 800 guys and get 100 kills alone :D submitted by /u/Kindly-Assistance-80 [link] [comments]

Am I the only one not getting any defensive siege after 300 hrs into the game?

I spent like 200 hrs a year ago, decided I have tested everything I want to see in the EA and wait for full released. There were quite a few bugs then, skill system wasn't working for the most part, siege AI was a total mess, but since it was still early on EA I decided not to be super nitpicking and hope for the best.

A year later, game still in EA, but the skill rework is done and AI finally learn to climb the siege tower like 3 yo kid in the park rather than absolute newborn infant, so I decided to give it ago. I would say I'm happy to see the changes there, not sure if it's worth of 1 year of work, but I still appreciated. If it's potentially be the base game for thousands of hour mod play through, I could wait longer until the full release no problem.

However, I was not pleased what isn't change. That is the defensive siege. For me, defensive siege is the MOST enjoyable experience in Mount&Blade. I love defend a town with Vaegir Marksmen, sieging the wall with Sharpshooter and Huscarl. I love throwing heavy grenade into crowd below the walls and fire with my double barreled dutch pistol. And don't even let me started with the stand of Constantinople against the Mongol hordes in Anno Domini 1257. There were just too much good memory to forget. Defensive siege is easily my favorite type of battle in M&B hands down. I appreciate TW made offensive siege more option and dynamic, and I do enjoy the experience though still being pretty buggy, I can see the full potential when everything is work as intended.

The worst part of this is all the fun mechanics, magonel, ballista, murder hole, all the fun stuff you can ever dream for is in the game NOW and WORKING, but the game AI just prevent you to experiece it. What a total shame is it. With the army and clan system, player now can control the biggest army ever and reliably which really hampered the will of enemy AI to siege you in a castle. They tend to build siege crafts and exchange volley of fires long enough for the friendly army come to lift the siege. I get it is very costly to siege a castle with brute force, but hell this is a game supposed to be fun. I know I could have purposely cut my army number to lure the AI sieging me in a battle, but that's not how the game should have work.

I really, really want the AI be more aggressive in sieges than just burning down villages. Yeah, faction with no fief left running around with mercenary burning down villages is annoying, but that's no where close to the frustration to be banned from the most enjoyable part of game for me.



Submitted July 26, 2021 at 10:36PM by woebegone3 https://ift.tt/3x51ooI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ERROR - Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an obect.

Reinstalled the game recently and have been getting the error message above. I'm able to launch the game but once I click on "new game" it crashes and shows error. I have some mods download and have checked to make sure they're updated to the current version. I've also made sure to unblock all dll files. Any suggestions would be great thanks. submitted by /u/leopaldo [link] [comments]

TaleWorlds Forums

Back when Bannerlord was announced, I vaguely remember that, in the announcement thread, people were discussing the choice of the title "Bannerlord." Does anyone else remember that? It was a useless topic to discuss, but I kept coming back because I was so hyped about the game and was hoping for more information about it. Submitted December 23, 2018 at 06:27AM by Genghis-Swan http://bit.ly/2PXSwvf

Old Realms mod crash

Hi everyone I've been trying to get the Old Realms mod to work the last couple of hours. I changed my bannerlord patch to match mod (1.6.2). Everytime I try to boot it up, it reaches the "Old Realms" loading screen for a couple of seconds, then crashes.. I really want to get this to work, anybody who can help? :D Submitted October 09, 2021 at 10:45AM by molly1111 https://ift.tt/30b37xX