Skip to main content

NAH he's not sneaky with this...

submitted by /u/Expert_Highway683 [link] [comments]

Switched my favourite equipment - again

So, I picked up Warband again and used to go the slaver route, but this time with a bow instead of a crossbow. Oh, the joy of having 68 Khergit arrows and a warbow!

Melee weapon of choice was the iron mace, in order to get more captives. Being mounted, I had a good time...

But I did not get rich. I also suffered at the hands of many a lord, despite having power strike/draw at 7 and 200+ weapon skill archery/two-handed.

So, being the clever chap I am, I figured that my equipment is wrong/does not suit the playstyle I am doing.

Since equipment is the single most determining factor in WB for battle effectiveness in my opinion (Interesting Idea: Doing a run with no personal battle skills raised, only relying on party skills) - something had to give way.

So, I thought to myself: Maybe the iron mace is not so good, I should use a onehanded/shield combo. Enter the Elite Scimitar and the knightly heater shield (I had one on hande).

Big improvement. Somehow it almost felt like the mouse movement was more directly translated into strikes - like I was actually wielding a lighter weapon.

I got me some 30 manhunters to keep taking prisoners and suddenly the money came in!

Next thing I am looking at my trusty warbow. Good thing, nice damage, but slow. I do not want to skill past PD 7 to get a mastercraft warbow, but then I found a mastercraft strong bow - Oh, the pure joy of it! 28 dmg, 95 speed, usable with PD 7 and price tag under 7000 denars. Now, I am a one-man killing machine, putting out arrows like there's no tomorrow, headshotting dozens of enemies before they can close with my army. I do know that the masterwork warbow has more power, but my experience is that quicker firing results in more dead bodies.

So, everything fine now, right?

NO!

I was wrong all the time! Iron mace, elite scimitar or even the bastard swords I used in earlier runs - all pale in comparison to the Slaughtermaster 3000tm - the great long axe, the Ender of Things, the Widowmaker, the Foechoppa, the Skulltaker!

Honestly, using this thing in twohanded mode from horseback solves all my mounted melee problems - Mameluks fall before me, infantry dies in scores, I can even break shields from the comfortable cushion of my saddle! None can stand before me and live!

That baby has the reach to make killing people a leisure activity, the highest choppy death dealing amount of damage and it swings fast enough to not be a nuisance.

It works from horseback and in sieges. Even the animation of swinging a 5 foot shafted axe looks awesome! Why is this baby not coded as standard equipment for everybody?



Submitted August 31, 2018 at 06:13AM by MrZauberelefant https://ift.tt/2wuckzu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...