Skip to main content

Back at it.

Started this game over like 20 times, decided this time im going to the end submitted by /u/Ivarius17 [link] [comments]

Early Access is not a valid excuse and criticism should be acceptable.

I want to say this as polite and level headed as I can because I believe screaming and yelling “unplayable” or “fix your shit” is unnecessary. I’m on TaleWorlds side and I’ll support them as much as I can but that doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to be criticized.

  • Quest are extremely repetitive and most are not only bugged but they will prevent you from progressing permanently.

  • The dialog is not only extremely repetitive, it’s borderline glitched in a lot of places. Hence the “insert generic backstory here” pictures. While that’s humorous in a lot of ways it also shows how serious you are taking the development, of lack there of.

  • The new features that are available are almost pointless due to the player not being able to properly use it. IE: Balancing issues with pricing and rewarding.

  • You’ve taken out a lot of positive things from Warband without supplementing it with a better alternative, or at least an explanation as to why you went that way. IE: Auto Block, XP from tournaments

  • Everything Is at its bare bone implementation. You still have options in the dialogue menu that lead no where. I’m not sure if this is a design choice or laziness? Why would I ask a lord “can I ask a question” if I would only follow up with “nevermind”.

I played Bannerlord from launch up until now minus 5 hours of sleep and it’s gotten to a point where I won’t play because there’s too many things that prevent you from having any meaningful and enjoyable gameplay. I have no doubt that Bannerlord will eventually become a great game. But after 8 years of waiting with little to no communication you put out a product that really can’t even be played correctly.

I’m not trying to insult the game all I’m saying is that it’s very disappointing and I know you guys can do better.

edit after readings everyone’s comments i realized I was wrong. Everything about this game is amazing, there’s not a single thing I find lacking and the thought of mentioning my concerns makes me shutter. So I appreciate the constructive responses from everyone and once I figure out how to turn in this quest that’s been locked for me I’ll be right back at it! Don’t forget Butter butter butter and whatever else you guys say all the time. Oh and camels am I right?



Submitted March 31, 2020 at 03:08PM by -AustinAllen- https://ift.tt/2JsDTzp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...

Detailed Mariner Unit Analysis/Tier List for Campaign

TL;DR Tier List. These are my personal notes and I acknowledge it is just my opinion, just posted to hopefully help others S: Imperial Naute A: Battanian Skipari, Vlandian Nauta, Nord Huscarl, B: Sturgian Reaver, Nord Berserkr, Aserai Bahriyyah, C: Corsair Chief, Nord Skjaldbrestir, Nord Chosen of the Sky-God, Sea Raider Chief D: Various Convoy Guards, Nord Ulfhedinn, F: Nord Youngling Testing is done in actual campaign as well as using custom battles and the Retinue mod to look directly at stats/equipment. General Observations: Shields are required, otherwise you get shredded by ranged attacks. Skills and ship upgrades can boost shield health massively, with some like the Nord Decorated Shield crossing 2,000 hp! I've seen Huscarls with 20+ Javelins in their unbroken shield at the end of a battle. You can assume the high tier shields will not break in battle, meaning a single high damage hit creeping through is the best means of ranged attack rather than quantity. For ra...

Prophecy of Pendor - Early Game Guide

I love PoP and think it's the best thing since Sliced Person, but the early game is bloody brutal, especially if you're used to kicking ass and taking names in M&B vanilla. So I wanted to write an early game guide to share my experience and hopefully help someone else get into the mod without as much agony as I (and many others) experienced. Character Creation - Questions When you start character creation, the game hits you with a bunch of background story questions. My advice is to answer these however you like, building the backstory for your character that interests you and helps get you into the story. However , these questions have serious impacts on the game, most critically whether you can create Knights of the Griffon chapters with just money, and something called the Rumor Interval which sounds irrelevant but is the most important thing ever . For a deep read on the subject see the wiki https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Creation Or for a quick "Just...