Skip to main content

Its still better

submitted by /u/Sunboy420 [link] [comments]

Faction Balance in Bannerlord

I have spent a few afternoons of playtime in the Multiplayer Beta since I received my invitation a few weeks ago and have made a few observations about faction power relative to one another in a multiplayer context.

In Captain mode, for example, it seems that Battania has difficulty when facing off against factions with access to heavily armored infantry and good shields such as Vlandia, Sturgia, and the Empire. Battania vs. Battania matches seem to favor the side with a higher saturation of ranged units, as most of the cavalry and infantry offerings of Battania are poorly armored and have small shields or no shields at all. This makes them vulnerable to all types of ranged fire and contributes to their lack of staying power in melee engagements. In my experience, Battania's elite infantry selection, Oathsworn, get chopped to bits when pitted against the elite infantry of the factions I mentioned earlier. While it's obvious that Battania's strength is its ranged capability, I find that it lacks the tools to go up against the more resilient factions, especially considering that the infantry and cavalry of other factions are better suited to taking and holding the flags that you need to win Captain mode. The Khuzait Khanate also seems to struggle against these matchups.

I'm curious to see how the different factions perform against one another in a singleplayer campaign. I'm sure certain factions will be more effective in certain scenarios like sieges or open-field battles. Perhaps certain factions will more easily acquire and maintain their elite troops to account for their inferiority to the troops of other factions.

How do you feel about faction balance in the multiplayer beta and the implications this has for singleplayer gameplay?



Submitted March 13, 2020 at 10:26AM by The_Pubenbarber https://ift.tt/3aYSbDP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...