Skip to main content

All shall kneel!

Cheat less console play-through, got very lucky with all three kings joining another kingdom after the destruction of their own. Didn’t have to save scum much just had to chase them all down to the edge of the map 🫩😭 submitted by /u/samuraiweebs [link] [comments]

Does anyone else play at 100+% difficulty with realistic saving?

The high difficulty yields a lot more satisfaction, but it's also very frustrating. I'm level 35 with (almost) the best armor but I can still die in 1 hit from a stray arrow from a tier 3 archer.

Usually in video games your character is a "hero" type of figure, but on normal damage difficulty, you're basically just another unit. It's disheartening how weak my character is compared to my high tier units. I'll go into a 500+ battle and take a stray arrow, bolt, axe, or lance hit within the first minute, then I'll have to alt-tab and browse the web while waiting 15 minutes for the battle to finish. If I don't fall within the first minute, my 60-armor horse will be ruined by projectiles within 3 minutes, then I'll fall off while desperately fending off 4-8 low tier infantrymen who will surround & overwhelm me. But thankfully with mods, I can wait out the battle instead of instantly retreating/losing when my character is KO. My most effective strategy for field battles is to always keep a shield raised and charge down units on the outer rim, while drawing away archer fire from troops. Otherwise, if I lower my shield for a second and try to slash an enemy, or enter into the fray, I'll eat a projectile and be downed.

Typically (95% of battles) I'll instantly alt-tab to browse the web until my units destroy the enemy, because if you select the "Order your troops to attack without you" option they will suffer massive casualties. My "hero" is so weak and pointless. At this difficulty the game isn't an ARPG, it's an RTS.

Turning off casualty, exp, damage, and range notifiers makes for a much better experience. The casualty spam in the lower left corner is so annoying; why is it even in the game? I would turn off banners too, but that would be stupid, because in a realistic war you would have all your troops wear painted tabards or some type of uniform, so there would be no need for the overhead banners.



Submitted September 27, 2019 at 05:59AM by wagecucker https://ift.tt/2lGcFNA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...