Skip to main content

All shall kneel!

Cheat less console play-through, got very lucky with all three kings joining another kingdom after the destruction of their own. Didn’t have to save scum much just had to chase them all down to the edge of the map 🫩😭 submitted by /u/samuraiweebs [link] [comments]

My friends like greentext storytelling but don't understand my love for Mount and Blade, so I wrote up my last campaign to help them understand.

> be me

> be playing Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword, a napoleonic-era expansion to the wildly popular Mount and Blade: Warband

> serving the Kingdom of Sweden as a vassal of King Carl Gustaf

> I am Waen, an optimistic, wealthy young noble

> I recruit men from the villages and fight off looters and deserters from helpless caravans

> rival noble from Crimea, Uzyn-bey, appears and challenges me

> oh fuck

> he has 150 men, I have 20 untrained villagers

> I equip my bow and my secret weapon: explosive arrows

 

> on the battlefield, I make my men hide behind a hill so they don’t have to see what happens

> ride alone towards Crimean army

> they have their cavalry arranged on a hilltop, armor gleaming, pikemen lined up behind them

> cavalry charges me, Uzyn-bey in the lead

> my first arrow lands behind him, killing six of his men

> horses scream in agony and fear as another explosive round lands in their midst

> noble is thrown from his horse and knocked unconscious

> as more rounds begin to land among his pikemen, they break and flee the battlefield

> my men celebrate as the routed enemy surrenders

> I let the nobleman go to fight another day

 

> be me, playing Mount and Blade again

> now I have a castle and a village

> I spoil them at every turn, I hire priests and watchmen to keep my people safe

> build fortifications and schools to enrich their lives

> one day I see a fellow Swedish noble, Baron Christopher Bjolke attacking a Cossack caravan

> mostly merchants and civilians, but the Baron rushes in and kills every last one of them

> am powerless to stop him without offending my King

 

> later, I take a castle nearby castle for my King

> I can’t protect my men here the way I can on the battlefield

> Lose some of my men in the assault

> Fathers, brothers, friends who joined us after being rescued from brigands - gone

> All gone to bring a castle into our protective embrace, to improve the lives of its citizens

> King Gustaf sends a messenger

> After much deliberation he has awarded the castle to Baron Bjolke

> I have seen Bjolke’s village, it is in ruins after he let a rival army raid it while he was off campaigning

> I cannot let this happen to even more people

> I cannot sacrifice my men so that pigs may reign

> I rebel against my king

> King Gustaf, once my master, now announces that he will kill me and my people for disobeying him

 

> life is hard as the Swedish rebels but we persist

> my investments in my people make me a very wealthy man, and they are grateful for the protection

> I can afford the finest soldiers in the land

> I equip myself with a black thoroughbred stallion, black plate armor and a full quiver of explosive arrows

> each battle, I make my men hide as I obliterate the enemy

> I try to kill only enough to make the rest flee, but the losses are still tremendous

> we slowly take castles and settlements from Sweden, my arrows leaping over the parapets and turrets to clear the way for my men

> each new castle and settlement receives resources and services, lifting many out of poverty

> As our new kingdom grows my army must be tireless and swift to defend our settlements from Swedish raids

 

> My hair has started to grey and my thoroughbred is lame, but we still defend our people

> I have pushed the Swedes back and they are finally on the cusp of defeat

> I face King Carl Gustaf and his remaining nobles in battle

> 110 of my men vs 950 of theirs

> I arrange my men on a hilltop so that they can finally see what their master must do

> They need to understand the price of our freedom

> I rain fire down on my former countrymen, killing man and animal alike

> Wave after wave disappear in clouds of smoke, dirt and blood

> Charred corpses cover the battlefield

> Gustaf’s army breaks and scatters, his last vassals have fallen

> King Gustaf surrenders

> “After many battles, you have bested me - but at what cost?”

> He is old, like I have become

> “I surrender to you, Waen the Bruce”

 

> I am now King of Sweden, Waen the Bruce

> I have wielded terrible power and killed 10,000 men, but we have peace

> I am not the King they deserve, but the one that they needed

> I

> am

> Batman



Submitted September 25, 2019 at 03:13PM by Conspicuous_Urn https://ift.tt/2mOoIIY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...