Skip to main content

NAH he's not sneaky with this...

submitted by /u/Expert_Highway683 [link] [comments]

Peace is too expensive, and doesn’t last long enough. Any strategies/mods to address this?

Edit: I'm giving a shot with Diplomacy Fixes mod. Hopefully this makes the game playable again :) I'm starting with 30 day minimum between war declarations

I’m pretty frustrated by the near constant war. It just doesn’t feel realistic and makes the game less fun.

I’ll kick the southern empire’s ass in two major battles, maybe take a castle, and then try to make peace. For some reason, despite kicking their ass multiple times, they want 100k. Fine, I pay up cause I have other wars going on.

Then like 2-4 weeks later in game time, they declare war on me again. It’s not just the southern empire either, every faction is like this. It means near constant whack a mole war, often three at a time.

If I just won a major battle, it would be more realistic if peace was profitable, not costly. The enemy would want to (at least temporarily) end a war and regain strength. It would also be more realistic if peace lasted at least a season, preferably longer. Most of the time lords would not fight each other all winter long. Also even in the Hundred Years’ War, there were decades of peace (even during “wartime” there were years with no war activity). I would just love one winter of peace so I can train some more troops and maybe hit 225 trade.

We could allow peace treaties to be broken. If a lord was to break a peace treaty, it should cause as much honor/relation penalties as executing a lord. It should also be easier for their vassals to leave their kingdom, so if an AI breaks the peace, there is some benefit for the player.

Are there strategies to deal with this in vanilla? Besides chopping everyone’s heads off cause I’d like to role play an honorable, charming merchant lord.

Is there a mod to force peace treaties to last longer, and to be cheaper maybe? I found some cool diplomacy mods but nothing like this.



Submitted May 10, 2020 at 02:06PM by robo_jojo_77 https://ift.tt/2YRFiZq

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...