Skip to main content

Its still better

submitted by /u/Sunboy420 [link] [comments]

Some background on the Byzantine, Shahi, Rabati, etc. helmets?

​

In order

I would like to get some context on those six helmets that are deactivated by default in the game files.

  • The Byzantion Helmet is, as title suggests, a helmet either inspired by, or copied straight from those used by the late Byzantine Roman Empire. Lore-wise, I think it was supposed to be some kind of a relic from the days of the Calradic Empire, but it was never implemented. Strangely enough, TW seems to have forgotten it altogether, because the Imperial troops in Bannerlord don't seem to use this particular type of helmet. (I wonder though, what type of Roman troops used it? I want to make a dedicated troop that is inspired by the real Byzantine soldiers that wore this helm, so, history buffs, a little help?)
  • The Magyar Helmet is, likewise as title suggests, a helmet that was either inspired by, or copied from a helmet worn by the Magyars (read Hungarians). I have no idea what in-universe nation would wear it, since there doesn't seem to be any Magyar-inspired nation in Calradia. We can assume one of the two: 1) said Magyar nation was never founded in Calradia, and the "Magyars" are still beyond the Grass Sea; 2) the helmet is supposed to be worn by some other nation's troops, like the Khuzaits, or Geroians (this is just an assumption, of course).
  • The Rus Helmet is, again, as title suggests, a helmet inspired by those worn by the Rus people. Now, I'm not entirely sure if this exact kind of helmet existed (I know there were similar ones), so if anyone knows better, please provide info. Otherwise, the helmet was supposed to have been used by the Vaegirs.
  • The Sipahi, I found, was worn by Ottoman soldiers, light cavalry, I think. But that's all I can say. Please provide additional info.
  • The Shahi - I don't know about this helmet, but by the looks of it, I'd say it's middle-eastern, maybe Ottoman Turkish (I think Sultan Suleiman I wore one like it in The Magnificent Century (a Turkish historical tv-series)). It has something inscribed on it in Arabic (or maybe it's just a decorative pattern?), whereas the name - Shahi - seems to be related to the Persian word 'shah', which means 'king' or 'emperor'. It's fairly reasonable to assume that the helm was supposed to have been worn by the Sarranids.
  • The Rabati - I didn't find anything about this helmet, but it looks like a stereotypical middle-eastern desert bandit helmet, or some such. Naturally, it's most likely something to be worn by the Sarranids, or desert bandits.

There are a few other interesting pieces in the game, but I decided to write about these six because they come together in the game files.



Submitted August 29, 2019 at 08:47PM by DerPontifexDadaismus https://ift.tt/2LfIvcQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...