Skip to main content

NAH he's not sneaky with this...

submitted by /u/Expert_Highway683 [link] [comments]

Advice for late game conquering the map?

I've finally gotten to the point where I have my own kingdom, maybe 5 cities and 4 castles or so, each one owned by a separate loyal vassal I promoted from companions. Have better loot mods so easily over 10m gold, best of everything I need, high stats, can field almost 380 troops myself (khans guards and darkhans) 1-2k with armies.

The main way I can make progress is to initiate a war, take a city or castle and immediately end the war to fortify it, paying tribute if I need to. It's sneaky but it works to a point, but the way the AI plays is they declare war basically at the same time until its a 1v3 or 1v4 war. It forces me to either lose everything I've gained or pay massive tribute to pay off some enemies and focus on 1v1 war. Paying so much tribute and having mods to help with money just feels like cheating though and ruins some of the fun, but so is feeling unfairly piled on by multiple kingdoms at the same time whenever war breaks out. Mods or not, it feels unbalanced somehow.

And even when I am just fighting 1 kingdom, if it spans across the map there's virtually no way to defend sieges in multiple places at once. There SHOULD be a way to give direct or complex orders to vassals to defend areas or prioritise responding defensively, maybe there is a way that I haven't seen? Instead a war starts and AI on both sides seem to just pick whatever's relatively closest to them and siege it, and it becomes a game of giving and taking castles over and over again. I hate this so much.

Even if I spend all my effort imprisoning enemy lords to lower their numbers, planning to win a war with actual strategy, by the time I have a bunch of them I've already lost some territory due to not just focusing entirely on offensive sieges. In my current play through I had 28 lords as prisoners, 28 in my party alone all from 1 kingdom! By the time I had that many, most of my vassals were already their prisoners and they could still muster up armies in the thousands, even though our kingdom powers were the same strength. It's like even when it ought to be balanced and says it is, and I do all the right things, even use mods to give myself an advantage, the AI still finds ways to be ahead or take advantage of being multiple places at once. As it should, I spose, I like the challenge but it's either an unfair challenge or I'm missing alot.

Please help! I'm committed to conquering the whole map but am losing my mind with the back and forths and paying to end multiple front wars. I guess I should learn more on how to pay lords and mercenaries to fight for me, but other than that I'm stumped on how to win when so outnumbered late game.

submitted by /u/34221133412213
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...