Skip to main content

NAH he's not sneaky with this...

submitted by /u/Expert_Highway683 [link] [comments]

Modding Companion Start Skills - Possible without tools?

So, I've been messing with some light modding lately (yeah, I know, years late to the party), looking at doing some smaller tweaks to troops and the like - I've figured out some basics with the Troops.txt file like upgrade paths (which I did with Viking Conquest's balance mod to weld in the Shieldmaiden Troop Tree mod to it) and have figured out gear (tested it on a basic fix for Sarranid Guards so they're not wearing worse armor than the tier before it), even to switch companion initial gear.

So from there, I thought why not mod companion skills as well while I'm at it? Have some who are specialists actually be specialists right away like it's done in Viking Conquest (adjusting levels appropriately), while others could be blank slates still. However, my google fu has been weak and all I've been able to find are things linking to modding tools and editors.

I don't object to them, but I was hoping to try and keep it 'lightweight' so I could mod it into Diplomacy and such rather than make a full mod from scratch. Is there any resource that identifies what number corresponds to what skill in the file, or at least the logic of the order so I could cross reference it to something else like the character export file? Most of the guides I've found for the Troops.txt file only guided the basics like upgrade paths, attributes, and items.



Submitted April 26, 2019 at 04:29PM by Luke_Danger http://bit.ly/2ZDs8Np

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...