Skip to main content

All shall kneel!

Cheat less console play-through, got very lucky with all three kings joining another kingdom after the destruction of their own. Didn’t have to save scum much just had to chase them all down to the edge of the map 🫩😭 submitted by /u/samuraiweebs [link] [comments]

I like Bannerlord a lot! Buuuuuut...

No, really, I do.

In fact, it's one of my favorite games ever. Like Warband.

But nothing's perfect. I have some gripes and with release so close it seems like they won't change.

These aren't... Hard to fix problems. I get that making AI is hard, I get that bugs will always exist. I get that resources are limited and you cannot add every feature you might want to.

So my problems are limited to design choices.

  • Khan's Guard are stupidly broken.

I feel bad about using them. They are absurdly too good. It's fine that they're the best horse archers. It's not fine that they are also the best melee cavalry, the best shock infantry and very good foot archers as well.

  • Very few cultural bonuses feel fun or impactful.

I don't know what more to say. I wish picking a culture mattered for more than owning fiefs.

  • Related: There's way too much forest.

Ye gods. The only cultural bonus that really seems to matter is Battania's, because Calradia is one giant woodland. You could literally half the forested area of the map and it would still be too much.

  • Vlandia has two Lance cavalry lines that both do the exact same thing, but one is worse.

Poor Vanguards have no identity and no reason to exist. They should be given something to make them not just worse banner knights.

  • Why must I hold lances and spears in the middle???

Actually, having the option to half-haft a polearm for extra wieldiness in close quarters would be neat. But it shouldn't be the default, let alone the only way to hold them! It really just means that every polearm is half as long as the game claims, but still having all the downsides of a long weapon.

  • If I attack and eliminate a peasant party or a caravan, and nobody else is around, who tells their faction that I did it?

I should be able to raid and get away with it if I'm careful. It would make bandit playthroughs much more doable.

  • Would it kill you to give me a colour wheel for my banner?

Really? Those are not a lot of not great colours, and even more limited by being in two exclusive pallettes.

I still love Bannerlord. But there are a few design choices that make me wish for tweaks that seem unlikely to happen after launch.



Submitted October 14, 2022 at 02:07AM by CentaurKhanum https://ift.tt/kCOwJnH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...