Skip to main content

NAH he's not sneaky with this...

submitted by /u/Expert_Highway683 [link] [comments]

Thank Jeremus that Taleworlds will not prematurely release Bannerlord

Looking at what's been happening with Fallout 76, I have to appreciate Taleworlds holding their ground with Bannerlord. We may all whine and complain about it taking so very long, but here we have a recent example of what happens when a studio/publisher releases a game for its own sake.

People are pissed off and condemning Bethesda, a beloved comapny, over FO76. They released a game that was not complete. It's full of bugs, looks graphically like the previous FO game and is getting absolutely destroyed by critics. Bethesda said they will fix the game eventually through patching, but it doesn't change the fact that people paid full price for an incomplete game. Bethesda has caught flak before, but they were still always seen as a company that makes good games. FO76 seems to have tarnished their reputation in a major way. I'm talking -50 (hostile) here

Taleworlds has previously announced release date timelines and has not met them. They stopped making promises. I imagine they were tempted to release an incomplete game just for the sales that would come from the hype. They didn't. They did not want to release an incomplete disaster of a game just to make a quick buck. They want to make sure their game is complete and ready to go before releasing it.

I'll happily wait around for Bannerlord considering the disastrous release FO76 had. And that's just a recent example - we all remember No Man's Sky, and some other games. There's dozens of hyped games that ended up disappointing fans by releasing too early and trying to fix it after release. Taleworlds doesn't want to play that game. I'll wait



Submitted November 23, 2018 at 05:54AM by 291099001 https://ift.tt/2DCqDX8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...