Skip to main content

Found this on PDAlife site.

Still can't believe this . Found warband in wild on its site ,just download and play .works quite well. May need some personal touch maybe .😶 link below 👇🏻 submitted by /u/Money-Shower-334 [link] [comments]

I feel I deserved this [PoP] (Story)

There I was, a brash young Captain, traversing the lands of Pendor with my ragtag band of rouge knights and mercenaries. When what should I happen upon but a siege, the Fierdsvain were assaulting Dagon castle.

I set up camp nearby to watch it happen, it lasted a while in-game, both parties numbers rapidly trickling down, and then suddenly a message flashed up on the screen.

"The Kingdom of Ravenstern and the Fierdsvain made peace"

"Well that was anti-climactic" I thought to myself. I prepared to move on, but as I hovered my cursor over Dagon castle one last time to check on the Ravenstern casualties, I noticed they only had 10 able-bodied men left. At this point I had around 50 men in my company.

Fast-forward several minutes and I am the King of the new Kingdom of Pendor, with only Dagon Castle, and it's connected village to my name.

I knew that Ravenstern would be coming in great numbers to retake their castle, and with 3 right to rule It was only a matter of time before the other realms try and cut me down to size. So I came up with a plan, I swore fealty to the Kingdom I just took a castle and village from, and they accepted, letting me keep both.

Hours later (In game:months) I've built a training grounds in the castle, and have myself an assortment of Ravenstern units couple of Knights, along with a small handful of Rangers and Kierguard, plus what was left of my original mercenary band, all in all, around 90 men.

We went back to war with the fierdsvain, and, within minutes I was under seige, the force was far too large for me to defeat, so I fled, planning to let them take it, and then counter-seige the small garrison they left behind. This plan succeeded, but they returned almost instantly, so I left again.

This process repeated itself about 8 times, I had fewer and fewer men left to counter-seige with each time. I knew a truce had to be just around the corner, I could only hope that I was In control of the castle when peace was made. It was like an extremely tense game of musical chairs.

Luckily, peace was made with the fortress in my hands, and I gave a prayer to Astrea in thanks. I deposited what was left of my party in the garrison, planning to recruit more men from the villages to make up for the heavy losses sustained during the war (we made no actual gains in the war, even though our king declared it)

No sooner had I set foot out the castle gate than another message appeared on my screen. "Sarleon has declared war on Ravenstern" and now they have taken Dagon Castle from me.

I have very few men left, I have no patience left, all I wanted was a castle as a base of operations while I built myself up to the equivalent of the great lords, never did I expect to face such hardships, only to end up back where I started.

TLDR: Don't Steal castles and then swear fealty to the man you stole them from, fate will punish you...



Submitted February 27, 2017 at 05:02AM by GThellraiser http://ift.tt/2m2v456

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...

Detailed Mariner Unit Analysis/Tier List for Campaign

TL;DR Tier List. These are my personal notes and I acknowledge it is just my opinion, just posted to hopefully help others S: Imperial Naute A: Battanian Skipari, Vlandian Nauta, Nord Huscarl, B: Sturgian Reaver, Nord Berserkr, Aserai Bahriyyah, C: Corsair Chief, Nord Skjaldbrestir, Nord Chosen of the Sky-God, Sea Raider Chief D: Various Convoy Guards, Nord Ulfhedinn, F: Nord Youngling Testing is done in actual campaign as well as using custom battles and the Retinue mod to look directly at stats/equipment. General Observations: Shields are required, otherwise you get shredded by ranged attacks. Skills and ship upgrades can boost shield health massively, with some like the Nord Decorated Shield crossing 2,000 hp! I've seen Huscarls with 20+ Javelins in their unbroken shield at the end of a battle. You can assume the high tier shields will not break in battle, meaning a single high damage hit creeping through is the best means of ranged attack rather than quantity. For ra...

Prophecy of Pendor - Early Game Guide

I love PoP and think it's the best thing since Sliced Person, but the early game is bloody brutal, especially if you're used to kicking ass and taking names in M&B vanilla. So I wanted to write an early game guide to share my experience and hopefully help someone else get into the mod without as much agony as I (and many others) experienced. Character Creation - Questions When you start character creation, the game hits you with a bunch of background story questions. My advice is to answer these however you like, building the backstory for your character that interests you and helps get you into the story. However , these questions have serious impacts on the game, most critically whether you can create Knights of the Griffon chapters with just money, and something called the Rumor Interval which sounds irrelevant but is the most important thing ever . For a deep read on the subject see the wiki https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Creation Or for a quick "Just...