Skip to main content

Its still better

submitted by /u/Sunboy420 [link] [comments]

Need some help with the mid-early game!

Hello! I'm fairly new to posting on Reddit, as well as Mount & Blade. Please forgive my ignorance on any of these subjects!

Anyways. I just started getting into the game and have roughly 60 hours in M&B. I know this isn't a lot to most people, but it's practically all I play now. Unfortunately, 90% of that time is spent BEFORE I am even given a fief! I've looked at guide after guide, but nothing seems to help me with getting through this awkward stage of the game. Can anyone offer advice?

My most common problems are running out of money, having very high wages, being too weak to fight harder bandits, a lack of weekly income, and no real goals. When given a fief after grinding out tournaments, I simply wander around with no clue on what to do, and I usually run out of money in the process.

Does anyone have any generally helpful tips on what to do at this early pre-fief to early-fief stage of the game? Maybe things like, how to make money, what to be focusing on, what troops to prioritize?

(Also, little side note, I really really love the Mongols, so obviously I'm a big fan of the Khergits. Unfortunately starting in their area is a nightmare and they seem to have generally weak (and expensive at times) units. Any mods that make starting there easier, or any tips on how to make the Khergits more viable?)

Edit: I have looked at the FAQ on the sidebar, but haven't learned much I didn't know. I guess I'm looking for more specific information? Sorry for the trouble!



Submitted February 24, 2017 at 04:39PM by Peed_Niy http://ift.tt/2mmhp6e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...

Detailed Mariner Unit Analysis/Tier List for Campaign

TL;DR Tier List. These are my personal notes and I acknowledge it is just my opinion, just posted to hopefully help others S: Imperial Naute A: Battanian Skipari, Vlandian Nauta, Nord Huscarl, B: Sturgian Reaver, Nord Berserkr, Aserai Bahriyyah, C: Corsair Chief, Nord Skjaldbrestir, Nord Chosen of the Sky-God, Sea Raider Chief D: Various Convoy Guards, Nord Ulfhedinn, F: Nord Youngling Testing is done in actual campaign as well as using custom battles and the Retinue mod to look directly at stats/equipment. General Observations: Shields are required, otherwise you get shredded by ranged attacks. Skills and ship upgrades can boost shield health massively, with some like the Nord Decorated Shield crossing 2,000 hp! I've seen Huscarls with 20+ Javelins in their unbroken shield at the end of a battle. You can assume the high tier shields will not break in battle, meaning a single high damage hit creeping through is the best means of ranged attack rather than quantity. For ra...

Prophecy of Pendor - Early Game Guide

I love PoP and think it's the best thing since Sliced Person, but the early game is bloody brutal, especially if you're used to kicking ass and taking names in M&B vanilla. So I wanted to write an early game guide to share my experience and hopefully help someone else get into the mod without as much agony as I (and many others) experienced. Character Creation - Questions When you start character creation, the game hits you with a bunch of background story questions. My advice is to answer these however you like, building the backstory for your character that interests you and helps get you into the story. However , these questions have serious impacts on the game, most critically whether you can create Knights of the Griffon chapters with just money, and something called the Rumor Interval which sounds irrelevant but is the most important thing ever . For a deep read on the subject see the wiki https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Creation Or for a quick "Just...