Skip to main content

5 to 1 odds and we whooped the nords badly

submitted by /u/NuttieBuddieXD [link] [comments]

I love this game

I’ve been playing a lot of Bannerlord again recently, it’s somewhat of a comfort game you could say. Anyhow; I was playing my game, of course I’m with Vlandia and so I’m enjoying my corner of the world when Derthert decides to war the Aserai. Being a good sheep I of course lead the charge, mostly raiding villages for quick money and to draw out lords to fight me. Fast forward a few days into the war when the Western Empire suddenly declares war on us. In truth I wasn’t feeling like fighting the Aserai and a lot of Vlandia was already down south so i decided to head back up to defend against the Imperial scourge, who up until recently was losing against Battania, so i figured it would be simple. Since we already captured Quayz from the Aserai I decided that raiding coastal villages and then retreating to Quayz to sell and repair when I needed to was a solid strategy.

Fast forward a few days of this war and i’m raiding a coastal village in hopes of getting the attention of a few Imperial lords; needless to say this strategy worked in droves. As I finished the raid; multiple lords with many ships totaling 500 strong approach me, cornering me, and forcing me to fight with my army only about 1/4 their size. So of course I stand and I fight, even if the odds were dire. By the time the smoke settled however, 30 of my men remained while their entire fleet remained decimated in the water.

I return to the map screen, as it turns out however that wasn’t all of them, another 140 are rapidly approaching me but in my disorganized state they are able to catch up to me. Round two begins, what remains of my soldiers supplemented by freed prisoners aboard the ships of the first 500 we killed. Once again they attack me but there is nothing stopping the might of my fleet and the skill of my soldiers, and as they try desperately to put me down, it is no use as my fleet expertly forces them into choke points and funneld to their deaths.

However, this was not the last of it. One of my ships now was on the verge of sinking and any damage rendered to it would find itself under the water. Which is why it sucked when another 100, the smallest force i’ve faced yet approaches me, not dissuaded at all by watching 600 of their comrades slain and only a little bit of sweat was broke by us. However like the last two who approached me, our soldiers fought hard for the third time that day and for the third time that day we had come out victorious.

Looking around the map, i believed that I was home free, Quayz was right there; i could taste it. But, there was another. A fourth wave appeared, this one just out of view before. Slightly larger then the last, around 130 in total. If it werent for the prisoners i freed i’d of for sure lost, my ranks reinforced and what was originally a last stand of 30 now doubled to 60. I watched as our balista fired one after another, three in quick succession all of which hit their marks killing many on board. There is one ship, holding nearly half of all their soldiers while the other half was split between 4 other ships. Of course being the captain I take their largest ship head on, and in proper fashion slaughter them to the last man. Turning my attention to the last of the ships i see the smallest of my opponents, a sloop of 7 approaching me, they are dispatched in mere seconds. Turning again to my other ships i witness them winning their fights too, despite outnumbered. As I return to the map screen there is not another enemy boat to be seen, and as i approach Quaryz home free I celebrate, 800 enemies killed all while I survived with less then 200. 200,000 worth of ships captured and sold, 100,000 in loot captured and auctioned off, and 7 Imperial lords imprisoned.

Now I only wish i had recorded it.

submitted by /u/Puppyl
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...