Skip to main content

Found this on PDAlife site.

Still can't believe this . Found warband in wild on its site ,just download and play .works quite well. May need some personal touch maybe .๐Ÿ˜ถ link below ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿป submitted by /u/Money-Shower-334 [link] [comments]

A Life of A Soldier [Story]

Our fathers tended to these lands for generations, never gazing or caring for beyond. A simple, cold, rushed life to prepare for Sturgia's bitter winters. Our mothers raised us, loved us, they were gentle to ensure the cold does not take us when not due. As kids we played with each other, lost in the imagination, longing to be great heroes for Sturgia. Much of life was spent within confines of our cities, a happy life early on, but much has changed since the Empire brought the full weight of her armies to our homes.

​

It began with incursions, distant battles that our folk retold but which had no meaning or sway in our lives. This soon changed by the call to arms of our people by our Lord and Masters. Came the men in heavy steel and hulking horses to take us under their banner. All able males, young and older were conscripted, knowing little of the horrors to yet endure. We made our good-byes with our fathers, our mothers, our friends and our memories of past. Some of us hoped to embrace them again, but some of us understood better. Throughout, our elders knew best, as they waved us off with cold, soulless eyes.

​

My initial days were brutal, beaten, cold, hungry, beaten more. Our trainings were relentless, our captains merciless. All can be adapted, except for this Godless bitter winter. The cold snipped away our fingers, our hands, our legs and our lives. It cared not for your condition, frail or strong. It satisfied it's hunger as it pleased as we marched through the tundra.

​

Our march never faltered, the dying were left behind, the surviving cried, cried as they had no inkling of strength left but march on they must so that they may live. We found comfort in each other, each of us committing to bear the weight of the other should they falter. We did what we could, but could no longer at times. Funny that we did not cause this misery, yet fully took the blame as we leave our brethren behind as their burden is too great to bear.

​

Many died in these marches, many died from the winter, but little did we truly know just how many were yet to die in the battles to come. Our march has ended. Sturgia has met the gaze of the Empire, a sea of lavender filled the horizons. Men, just like us, have come to our reaches of the North to take what is ours. I understand now why I must fight, why I must endure. We have been disturbed, we have been forced, we have been awoken and now we must defend. I fight not for myself, I consider my life a debt overdue. I fight for my father, my mother, I fight for those who fell to Winter, to those too frail in our marches. I fight for them so that their families, their sons, their daughters do not live the life we have lived. I wonder, do the men of the Empire fight for the same?

submitted by /u/logicalandwitty
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...

Detailed Mariner Unit Analysis/Tier List for Campaign

TL;DR Tier List. These are my personal notes and I acknowledge it is just my opinion, just posted to hopefully help others S: Imperial Naute A: Battanian Skipari, Vlandian Nauta, Nord Huscarl, B: Sturgian Reaver, Nord Berserkr, Aserai Bahriyyah, C: Corsair Chief, Nord Skjaldbrestir, Nord Chosen of the Sky-God, Sea Raider Chief D: Various Convoy Guards, Nord Ulfhedinn, F: Nord Youngling Testing is done in actual campaign as well as using custom battles and the Retinue mod to look directly at stats/equipment. General Observations: Shields are required, otherwise you get shredded by ranged attacks. Skills and ship upgrades can boost shield health massively, with some like the Nord Decorated Shield crossing 2,000 hp! I've seen Huscarls with 20+ Javelins in their unbroken shield at the end of a battle. You can assume the high tier shields will not break in battle, meaning a single high damage hit creeping through is the best means of ranged attack rather than quantity. For ra...

Prophecy of Pendor - Early Game Guide

I love PoP and think it's the best thing since Sliced Person, but the early game is bloody brutal, especially if you're used to kicking ass and taking names in M&B vanilla. So I wanted to write an early game guide to share my experience and hopefully help someone else get into the mod without as much agony as I (and many others) experienced. Character Creation - Questions When you start character creation, the game hits you with a bunch of background story questions. My advice is to answer these however you like, building the backstory for your character that interests you and helps get you into the story. However , these questions have serious impacts on the game, most critically whether you can create Knights of the Griffon chapters with just money, and something called the Rumor Interval which sounds irrelevant but is the most important thing ever . For a deep read on the subject see the wiki https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Creation Or for a quick "Just...