Skip to main content

Its still better

submitted by /u/Sunboy420 [link] [comments]

Dragging to block and attack, rather than clicking.

I don't like using the autoblock feature. Autoblock feels like cheating but I also feel like I'm forced to use it.

I always hear from people that "you'll get used to the blocking system." Though I'm sure that it is true for some/many people, it isn't for me. I've tried and I can't. This is coming from someone with 200+ hours. I thought I was bad for the longest time, but then I realized the source of my frustration and failure.

Much like the title of this post, I realized that my incapability to understand the system is due to the sheer illogicality of its design. I know saying that will make some butterlords mad at me but please hear me out.

When wielding a blade in your hand you shouldn't have to block to change directions of your strike. when blocking you shouldn't have to stop blocking to block in a different direction. Not only is this terribly illogical but it also hinders the gameplay severely (for me at least.)

There is one simple fix for this issue and it is not only logical and realistic but it also would improve the controls drastically. As the title of my post says that one thing would be the ability to change directions while holding down the mouse button (In other words dragging to control direction without having to let go first).

The best part is that could be completely optional. in the control options you could make a little check box for this feature and be done with it. Frankly, I'm shooting for the stars with this one and it's probably unlikely that they do this but a boy can hope.

submitted by /u/Gulags69
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...