Skip to main content

Found this on PDAlife site.

Still can't believe this . Found warband in wild on its site ,just download and play .works quite well. May need some personal touch maybe .😶 link below 👇🏻 submitted by /u/Money-Shower-334 [link] [comments]

For those complaining about the state of the game.

I'm gonna be honest and blunt here so if you are not okay with that, then skip this post. But if you disagree with something I said I'm open to a discussion. After all we all want the game to be the best Mount and Blade it can possibly be.

So I recently came back to check out the game after about two months break and I noticed two things. One, the game received some further improvements and changes. And two, some of banner lord community is still toxic. So I felt like I need to get these things of my chest.

This is an obvious one, but it seems it needs to be reminded. This is an early access game. I read some people say things along the lines of "well, it's been almost a year now" No, it's been seven months. There is five months left until Banner lord EA reaches its first birthday. Considering how much progress has been achieved already in seven months I'm confident that the game will be in much better state in next five months. Will everything be perfect and bug-free ? Probably not, but let's acknowledge and appreciate the progress there has been made so far. One good example of this, is perks. I've seen a lot folks complain that the perks are not fully implemented in the game. Now they are almost all here and people just moved on to another thing to complain about. Yet I hear no one is appreciate that we have almost fully working perks now.

I encourage you to rollback to original patch that EA came in and compare for yourself how much the game progressed.

Mods. Another thing I see being mentioned is how "well mod (X) fixed problem (Y) ages ago!" Yeah, maybe it did, but majority of those mods haven't been updated for a while now. Sure, some modders made a temporary fix but baking in the features and fixes into the game that will work with every future patch is another matter entirely, so if something has not been fully implemented yet, let's trust that Devs know the right time to do so. Also, this is not in any shape or form meant to trivialise the work that modders do. Mods for bannerlord provided me with several more hours of fun. Even the recent Vlandian Helmets mod got me excited to return to the game since I am a sucker for medieval armour that was wore by Vlandian in Warband.

Next, let's not forget that this is not a triple A studio. Many of you probably played Warband and some of you maybe even played the OG M&B. Lets not pretend like those games weren't a bit wonky themselves, but we still have fond memories of those games and the mods created for them.

Also guys, remember that we are still in a pandemic. People are losing jobs, economy is a mess and no one knows what next 6 months gonna be like. So let's give some grace, not only to Bannerlord developers but gaming studios In general. Several triple A games had to be delayed this year.

Lastly, this is not aimed at those who give genuine constructive feedback. This for you who are still whining about the game and not giving feedback to Devs. I have no sympathy for you. Devs were completely transparent about the state of the game and you signed up for this anyway.

submitted by /u/SanguineJoker
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...

Detailed Mariner Unit Analysis/Tier List for Campaign

TL;DR Tier List. These are my personal notes and I acknowledge it is just my opinion, just posted to hopefully help others S: Imperial Naute A: Battanian Skipari, Vlandian Nauta, Nord Huscarl, B: Sturgian Reaver, Nord Berserkr, Aserai Bahriyyah, C: Corsair Chief, Nord Skjaldbrestir, Nord Chosen of the Sky-God, Sea Raider Chief D: Various Convoy Guards, Nord Ulfhedinn, F: Nord Youngling Testing is done in actual campaign as well as using custom battles and the Retinue mod to look directly at stats/equipment. General Observations: Shields are required, otherwise you get shredded by ranged attacks. Skills and ship upgrades can boost shield health massively, with some like the Nord Decorated Shield crossing 2,000 hp! I've seen Huscarls with 20+ Javelins in their unbroken shield at the end of a battle. You can assume the high tier shields will not break in battle, meaning a single high damage hit creeping through is the best means of ranged attack rather than quantity. For ra...

Prophecy of Pendor - Early Game Guide

I love PoP and think it's the best thing since Sliced Person, but the early game is bloody brutal, especially if you're used to kicking ass and taking names in M&B vanilla. So I wanted to write an early game guide to share my experience and hopefully help someone else get into the mod without as much agony as I (and many others) experienced. Character Creation - Questions When you start character creation, the game hits you with a bunch of background story questions. My advice is to answer these however you like, building the backstory for your character that interests you and helps get you into the story. However , these questions have serious impacts on the game, most critically whether you can create Knights of the Griffon chapters with just money, and something called the Rumor Interval which sounds irrelevant but is the most important thing ever . For a deep read on the subject see the wiki https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Creation Or for a quick "Just...