Skip to main content

NAH he's not sneaky with this...

submitted by /u/Expert_Highway683 [link] [comments]

New Player Questions

Hey all,

I recently started playing the game and have been loving it so far. Just had a couple of questions I was hoping you guys could answer.

First is - no matter what the situation is, if I'm meeting an enemy army in an open field battle, they have the same tactics 100% of the time. I'm starting to wonder if the mods I have broke the AI. Right now I have 168 troops, and no matter what size the enemy army is, this is what they do - infantry makes a shield wall in the middle, archers behind them, calvary to both sides. I am winning battles against 200 troop armies without losing a single soldier by riding out to the calvary on either side, baiting them into following me, then using a bow to shoot all of their horses. Repeat on both sides. Then with a spear I solo ride into their archers, decimate them, charge my infantry and run my calvary behind their line to charge in as soon as the 2 groups clash. Is it normal for the AI to always do the same thing?

Next is I'm on version 1.1.5 but saw all the cool features on 1.2 and am considering switching. Do I have to start a whole new campaign to do so? I know most of my mods would need to be switched to the new version, but wasn't sure if the campaign needed to be started fresh.

Finally, I have the dragon banner built in my campaign. The game says I still need a settlement and gives several options. What's the best course of action for a new player that's never played through a campaign? My first playthrough I took over a castle before doing the banner and joined a kingdom as a vassal before the banner. Then started fresh and am back at that spot. With my army around 170 troops, do I get a settlement by declaring war on a random kingdom and sieging a castle? Or are there other ways?

Thanks for all the info!!!

submitted by /u/khunter3503
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...