Skip to main content

Its still better

submitted by /u/Sunboy420 [link] [comments]

[Help Wanted] So I've been kicking around an idea...

Been playing a lot of RP style campaigns lately, and going far enough that I end up dipping into my 3rd and 4th generations of my lineage. By doing so, I've had the chance to spec out hundreds of family members. Just the other day it finally dawned on me, there's a lot of untapped potential that I wasn't digging into. There's more to a family member build than being a Governor or a Warrior, and there's a lot more to being a Governor than having high Charm & Steward.

Sifting through the Perks, there's a lot of opportunities to create highly specialized family members to fill specific niche roles. A lot of the perks have an either/or option, a fork in the road, leading you down one path or another. Others are more specific, such as Governor perks, some are Town or Castle specific, while others broadly state they're for Settlements. Which can lead to specific builds intended for niche roles. For example: City Governor vs. Castle Governor, Peace Time Governor vs. Warlord Governor, Prison Governor, Smelting Smith vs. Refining Smith, Master Craftsmith, Stationary Medic vs. Moving Medic, Drill Sargeant, Troop Captains, etc.

When your clan is so large, you have the opportunity to create so many variations of each role, and swap them out accordingly when needed. It's like Min/Max, but with your whole clan, rather than a single character. There's so many perks that are pertinent to certain roles, but are found in skill trees outside the field of view, tucked away under skills you wouldn't think would apply.

THE PLAN: So what I want to do is gather a list of themed RP Archetypes, with their applicable perks listed, in order to fill very specific roles that expand beyond Governor, Quartermaster, Scout, Surgeon, and Engineer. I want to create a template of "builds" so that players can better flesh out their kingdoms, without having to do all of the research themselves, because we'll have already done it for them.

I bought a domain name for a website, and want to turn it into a resource for players looking for a more immersive RP experience. I've made a website before, along similar lines, but with NBA2K. It was a builds site, outside the realm of the normal Min/Max content, aimed more towards RP fun. I feel like I can achieve something similar with these Bannerlord Archetype Builds, with a little bit of help from y'all. I gave up on the NBA2K site because even though I loved the idea, the efforts to overhaul and update it each year seemed exhausting, but with Bannerlord not being an annual release I feel like this could be a much more useful and longer lasting resource.

WHAT I'D NEED HELP ON: I can handle the website, screenshots, organization, layout, presentation and all of that. But what I'd be looking for help on, is crowdsourcing the necessary data for the various builds. Coming up with Archetypes to fill niche roles, then sifting through the perks, and providing a list of all of the ones that would be applicable for said Archetype. I've tried it myself already, and by the third time perusing the perks, I would come up with 2,3,4 more build ideas, and the cycle kept continuing. Took me hours just to complete 4 different types of Governor builds, and I want to try and complete this side project before I get burnt out on it.

So any and all help would be appreciated! Let me know if you'd be willing to help, or even if you can't help but have some archetype ideas, drop them below. Maybe it will spark someone's interest, and they'd be willing to flesh out your idea for you. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Question-and-Answerr
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...