Skip to main content

Its still better

submitted by /u/Sunboy420 [link] [comments]

Thinking of creating a "King's Court" mod

Hi everyone,

What do you all think of this mod I conceptualized I call "King's court." Which is basically a Kingdom Management feature.

Its would be an add-on to the diplomacy mod and not standalone for Warband. Basically, as a kingdom management feature.. peasants, farmers, citizens, village elders and lords can approach your court like how lord and ladies show up on a feast and make requests of which your decisions can impact the game.

Once they show up, they will come to you about an issue or request like a land feud, food shortage, bandits attacking, taxation issues, business opportunities.. anything!

So you basically have two choices to make, like HELP or IGNORE. Each decision would yield consequences both tangible and intangible like gold or relations.

So a village elder might come to you and say "we need you to send 5 knights to provide some security". If you choose to help, they would repay you with like 3 grains of rice and 10 relations to the town, whatever it is.. I dont have that part down yet..

Or a guild master would come to you and say, we need you to lower taxation for this 10 days which would lessen your revenue but increase relations in the city

It could also include settling disputes between lords.

So obviously theres a LOT of work to be done but I wanted to know if this would be of interest to anyone or is it too boring and you'd rather just engage in battles? I know Bannerlord has a similar feature but I feel its a bit limited.

I ask because my friend is like a software developer who I pass some jobs to from time to time and they have a small team as well so I was thinking of making them develop this mod within Diplomacy but if its not that big of a contribution to the community or theres little interest id probably just let it go.

What do you guys think?



Submitted September 11, 2023 at 12:50AM by CaterpillarPlus303 https://ift.tt/mg0XskB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...

Detailed Mariner Unit Analysis/Tier List for Campaign

TL;DR Tier List. These are my personal notes and I acknowledge it is just my opinion, just posted to hopefully help others S: Imperial Naute A: Battanian Skipari, Vlandian Nauta, Nord Huscarl, B: Sturgian Reaver, Nord Berserkr, Aserai Bahriyyah, C: Corsair Chief, Nord Skjaldbrestir, Nord Chosen of the Sky-God, Sea Raider Chief D: Various Convoy Guards, Nord Ulfhedinn, F: Nord Youngling Testing is done in actual campaign as well as using custom battles and the Retinue mod to look directly at stats/equipment. General Observations: Shields are required, otherwise you get shredded by ranged attacks. Skills and ship upgrades can boost shield health massively, with some like the Nord Decorated Shield crossing 2,000 hp! I've seen Huscarls with 20+ Javelins in their unbroken shield at the end of a battle. You can assume the high tier shields will not break in battle, meaning a single high damage hit creeping through is the best means of ranged attack rather than quantity. For ra...

Prophecy of Pendor - Early Game Guide

I love PoP and think it's the best thing since Sliced Person, but the early game is bloody brutal, especially if you're used to kicking ass and taking names in M&B vanilla. So I wanted to write an early game guide to share my experience and hopefully help someone else get into the mod without as much agony as I (and many others) experienced. Character Creation - Questions When you start character creation, the game hits you with a bunch of background story questions. My advice is to answer these however you like, building the backstory for your character that interests you and helps get you into the story. However , these questions have serious impacts on the game, most critically whether you can create Knights of the Griffon chapters with just money, and something called the Rumor Interval which sounds irrelevant but is the most important thing ever . For a deep read on the subject see the wiki https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Creation Or for a quick "Just...