I'm curious about how to manage two separate parties. Obviously, you can just stuff your regular land troops on ships and call it a day. However, I wonder if it would make sense to leave a bunch of sea troops garrisoned in a coastal city and swap your land army with your mariners when you need to go and do some sailing. How do you play? Do you have two separate parties? Do you run around with a mix of mariners and land troops? Do you commit to just one playstyle? Have you tried any mod that work well to improve this particular aspect of the game? submitted by /u/Astartae [link] [comments]
I was planning on roleplaying a real bas**rd mercenary clan. I would hire my roughly 80 horse archers to the highest bidder, switching sides whenever it suits me best. I would raid villages and caravans, hunt down peasants, and enagage with enemy lords only at very opportune moments. Ultimate goal would perhaps be a single castle as a home base of sorts. No vassalage, just mercenary contracts. Propably no companions and additional parties either.
I was wondering whether an extended mercenary career is viable or enjoyable in the current version? Can you impact the overall power relations and war outcomes by raiding isolated villages and attacking peasants and caravans? How would you go about grabbing a castle for yourself?
[link] [comments]
Comments
Post a Comment