Skip to main content

All shall kneel!

Cheat less console play-through, got very lucky with all three kings joining another kingdom after the destruction of their own. Didn’t have to save scum much just had to chase them all down to the edge of the map 🫩😭 submitted by /u/samuraiweebs [link] [comments]

Mod Hype and Disappointment

First of all, by making this post I don't mean to denigrate anybody's hard work. I know modding is a complex and unrewarding pass-time and I'm very grateful to everyone who puts their time into making us new content for no reason but loving the game.

That said, I'm getting a little frustrated with mods that are great in conception, have a huge amount of content, but seem to have a requirement for at least one nonsensical 'feature' that must have seemed like a good idea at the time and then were never thought about again.

For example, last night I was super excited about AWOIAF 1.0. Naval combat in the Narrow Sea? Sign me up! And then in my first battle, I ordered my troops to charge, and my character plays a 10-second paralyzing animation that adds literally nothing to the game except breaking immersion. Alt-f4. I know I may be a little oversensitive at this point, but it's so odd to me.

Another good example is ACOK. It's very well-discussed territory so I won't go all over it, but there's been a huge amount of work done on this mod, and it still has these 'features' that make it simply frustrating to play. This is literally one of the most popular and recommended mods and it's mechanically not very good. Not to mention the issues with the author and his anti-editing, performance-killing vanity defender scripts.

The two of these put together are what inspired this post. Here we have two indisputably talented people putting an insane amount of time and work into their mods, and both

Parabellum is a good third and final example. I had so much hype for this one. But of course it gets into legal troubles, gets removed, and never finished. That's not so much a mechanical issue, but the absurd vehicles really are. They essentially make infantry totally useless... in a WW1 game. Simultaneously they look ridiculous and don't work very well. Game-breaking.

Now, there's a new mod in development that I'm totally hyped for: Age of Arthur. If you read the link, the planned features are really damn cool. But I find myself more and more prepping for disappointment rather than immersion.

I've read the Cozur flamewars and I get the argument: It's free content, I made it, shut the fuck up, i'm doing it how I want. To a point I can respect that, on a per-mod basis. Of course you make the thing the way you want it. My question is more about the general trend, not to attack anyone in particular. Why do so many mods insist on implementing things that are explicitly anti-fun or impossible to represent well? Does anyone know how to remove that damn charge animation from AWIOAF? How about Parabellum's vehicles? Does anyone know a mod that is actually 100% perfect?

Disclaimer: This is a bitch/rant post, and I get it if the immediate response is to tell me to shut the hell up. But I feel like I'm taking crazy pills and I want to know if anyone feels the same way/can fix these silly problems. Paging /u/cozur and /u/produno for transparency, but I want to be clear that I adore produno and respect his work.



Submitted April 29, 2017 at 01:16PM by itscalledacting http://ift.tt/2oJnjDy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.30, now with prostitution! (and tons of bug fixes, and the floris banking system.)

Full change list: Troop recruitment presentation by MitchPTI Ability for female player to prostitute themselves by IntelligencePending Dancers in feasts by IntelligencePending Modification to pre-sex scene by IntelligencePending Compile bug fixes by IntelligencePending Consolidation of camp settings menu by IntelligencePending Camera bug fix by IntelligencePending Moved shipyard to bottom of town list (Contrib by IntelligencePending) Mouse mode death cam default by IntelligencePending Slows down movement during scenes by IntelligencePending Updated background for gambling by IntelligencePending Join any side of a battle by NaglFaar Zaitenko's Reinforcement Script by Zaitenko Door bug fix by IntelligencePending Disguise bug fix by IntelligencePending Can force companion to stay without cheat mode by LilyModzStuff Import/Export NPCs by IntelligencePending Shield bash and decapitation, AI kicking by Ramaraunt, Xenoargh, Papa Lazarou, Theoris, Zarthas, Thick1988, and...

Optimal weapons in Smithing (Forging): a second, deeper (?), look - Blades/Heads + Guards/Banners and Accessories. Bit of a letdown

Hello everyone.It’s been one month since part 1 was released (This one https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/12yqhq5/optimal_weapons_in_smithing_forging_a_first_look/ ).I’m here posting again to go forwards in the established direction from part 1.There will be a TL;DR section at the end. A little recap is in order: last time we crafted every single possible weapon in Bannerlord, but ignoring guards, pommels, grips, accessories (From now on, "Parts 2/3/4")... and only switched between different blades/heads ("Parts 1"), which I expected to determine the overall worth of the item much more than the other parts (This proved to be the case, according to today's data).Furthermore, there were no changes in size at all, so all components were crafted only in standard size. Again, I've updated the Google drive folder I've been using up until now. It contains a series of screenshots detailing the weapon's name (Which in turn is a combination of the...

Help with the Subreddit's new Guide! Guide is in the Description and Link in the Comments⬇️

So I got the go-ahead to write a guide for the Mods to post and pin on top of the sub and while my 3000+ hours of Bannerlord and wide experience with speedrunning this quest covers a lot, I am sure that I might have missed some neat tips and tricks. Please also tell if there if something that needs closer clarification with more text or an image. The Bannerlord's Guide to Unite the Empire Written by Octavian_Exumbra So you want to unite the Calradian Empire? Well, my child, this is no simple matter. Many great rulers have attempted to Unite the quarrelling descendants of Calradios the Great under one cause and most have failed, so steel yourself great warrior for today you... I'm just messing with you. It's actually a fairly simple process, so let's just dive right into it. New Campaign: Starting off, we're picking Empire culture. When it comes to skills, you have more liberty, but if we want to do this as effectively as possible then we're mainly focusi...